Energy efficient water desalination via a novel membrane process
- Chemical Process Engineering
- Focus/Key Topic:
- experimental / constructive / simulativ
- any time
Water desalination processes have a wide variety of possible applications. Apart from the desalination of water, for example for the use as drinking water, the application for a wide range of tasks in industry is possible. At the Chair of Chemical Process Engineering we are working on a new membrane based water desalination process. The energy demand of this process should be analyzed and optmized in this thesis. Several possibilities for the reduction of the energy demand should be analyzed and optimized based on several lab setups.
The work offers you:
- Introduction of your own ideas into a very exciting and active research field
- An extensive supervision
- Systematic approach to scientific research
- If interested: inclusion modelling/simulation workpackage possible
- Interest in practical work and experiments
- Curiosity, interest at in learning about new areas (electrochemistry)
- Accurate and autonomous way of working
If the topic catches your interest or you have questions please contact me. We can also meet in person if you would like to have more information. The extent of the thesis can be adjusted depending on whether you need to do a bachelor's or master's thesis. If you are interested in modelling/simulative work it is also possible to include that as a workpackage for your thesis.