Synthesis and performance tests of a novel CO2 selective membrane
- Chemical Process Engineering
- Masterthesis / Bachelorthesis
- Focus/Key Topic:
- experimental / constructive
In times of climate change, a lot of research interest concerns the question: how can CO2 emissions into the atmosphere be reduced? Not only for ecological, but also for economic reasons, CO2 certificates, it becomes more attractive to think about processes, which reduce CO2 emissions. One possible example is carbon capture from flue gases in power plants. One attractive and novel technology for this separation are membranes.
Within this work, a CO2 selective facilitated transport membrane should be synthezised. Requirements for the membrane are temperature and longterm stability in an atmosphere containing syngas and various other gases.
Based on previously tested membrane synthesis options, a membrane needs to be produced and coated on an available support. Furthermore, the membrane will be tested for leaks and performance and, if necessary, optimized in its fabrication.
What is expected from you:
- excitment for experimental work
- interest in chemistry
- excitement for work in complex topics
- excitement for building and optimizing novel gas permeation setups
- thorough and independent working behavior
- high motivation for your work
What you can gain from this work:
- working on an innovative research topic
- high-end laboratory equipment
- good supervision
If you are interested, I will gladly answer more questions in a personal meeting.
Please note: The thesis can be written in German or English.