Air-Vanadium Redox Flow Batteries: Hydrodynamic simulation
- Chemical Process Engineering
- Masterthesis / Bachelorthesis
- Focus/Key Topic:
Your thesis can be written in German or English!
Redox flow batteries are a promising electrochemical energy storage system for renewable energy sources. Based on an all vanadium redox flow battery (Vanadium-RFB), our work focuses on the development of a vanadium air redox flow battery (Vanadium/Air-RFB). Here the liquid electrolyte of the V-RFB on the cathode side is replaced by an air/steam-electrode, consequently the amount of vanadium is reduced and costs and storage space are minimized.
Optimizing the compartment of the battery yields challenges regarding hydrodynamics, that’s why we want to investigate with you:
- CFD Hydrodynamics with OpenFoam
- Particle dynamics with DEM
- experience in advanced simulation software
- comprehensive guidance by two CFD experienced supervisors
- deeper understanding of Fluid behavior
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.