What happens inside the membranes when they get to work?
- Chemical Process Engineering
- Masterthesis / Bachelorthesis
- Focus/Key Topic:
Seawater desalination is the most commonly known example when it comes to membrane treatment of salty solutions. Besides, there are countless examples separation tasks e.g. in chemical industry, where a directed transport of salts through the membrane is requested.
This work aims to investigate different transport phenomena that appear inside the membrane in order to enhance future processes in terms of energy demand and efficiency.
Main topics in this work will be
• membrane fabrication with layer by layer technique
• characterization of the produced membranes
• investigation of swelling and retention behavior
The work offers
• extensive support
• experience in practical work
• eclectic and challenging tasks
If you are interested in this topic, I will be happy to go into a deeper personal conversation. You can call (80-29975) or send me an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).