Intelligent microgel membranes with tunable permeability
- Chemical Process Engineering
- Masterthesis / Bachelorthesis
- Focus/Key Topic:
- February/March 2017
"Smart" membranes with tailored and modulated performance are in the focus of current membrane research. One possibility to tune the membrane properties is the functionalization of the membrane with microgels. The microgels are formed from a network of polymer filaments which can be responsive to environment changes.
The investigation of a new production process of microgel composite membranes and the subsequent characterization via filtration experiments is part of the AVT.CVT research.
The following work packages are part of your thesis:
- Synthesis and characterization of microgel composite membranes
- Investigation of the membrane performance as a function of flux and cross-flow velocity in cross-flow mode
- Sample analysis and interpretation of test results
What you get:
- Know-how in membrane technology
- A comprehensive supervision
- Experience in lab work
- Pleasant working atmosphere within an interdisciplinary team
If you are interested in this topic please call me or send me an Email (Monika.Barth@avt.rwth-aachen.de). I am looking forward to hearing from you.