AVT - Aachener Verfahrenstechnik

  Zeitleiste der AVT AVT
 

Chairs

 

The history of the Aachener Verfahrenstechnik dates back to 1952 when the “Forschungsinstitut Verfahrenstechnik” was founded. In October 2007, the at that time five professors Büchs, Marquardt, Melin, Modigell, and Pfennig initiated the association of activities to Aachener Verfahrenstechnik – AVT, in terms of administrative organization and research strategy. The main goals were, firstly, to clearly show the historically grown, tight collaboration between the institutes, and secondly, to increase synergetic effects. The research of AVT is predominantly interdisciplinary and projects often involve internal and external partners from both industry and academics. The cluster of excellence “Tailor-Made Fuels from Biomass” is a project representing this close cooperative research strategy of the RWTH institutes. It was, on the other hand, very important to all collaborates, not to lose the broad fundament of the scientific and academic work, which is typical for chemical engineering at RWTH Aachen.